27 dezembro 2006

The moment

Did you ever notice that, in life, for each moment of true happiness you achieve to live you’ll experience a longer time of sadness?
Let me make it clear to you.
Each one of us has different needs and cares which, when fulfill, leads us to live what is usually call happiness… I mean that precise moment in which time seems to stand still by some crystallized space of the deepest emotions… that short amount of time in which we say: “I could stay here forever”… that moment of happiness!
I’m sure all of you can remember a moment like that… and I’m also sure that, when you close your eyes, you can still feel it as if, by magic, you could turn back time. Now think of each one of those past moments… and now think and feel the suffering you’ve experienced after each one of it… that suffering you wouldn’t have felt if you haven’t lived that moment… tricky isn’t it?
Do I start to make myself clear?
The moments I’m talking about leads us to experience physical and psychological sensations which we keep on needing; they make us experience feelings which we will want to keep forever… although, none of us would ever need those sensations and feelings if we haven’t experienced it.
This way, life becomes an unstopping search in order to recover lost feelings…we are now stucked in an endless circle… happiness, sadness, search! And you turn into a graveyard of broken dreams and broken hopes… holding on to something you can’t ever achieve.
Wouldn’t it be easier if we were never sad? This is, never happy?
At this point, if you are able to understand me, we can easily conclude that, happiness’s passing trough nature and its inevitable consequences change life into a deep, sad and masochist episode which, carried to its extreme, can be pointed as the ultimate cause for suicide… I killed myself not ‘cause I’m sad but because I was once happy!
Think about it… do you still wanna be happy?
Neither do I.

Nenhum comentário: